List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    multimedia framework
From:       Pramod Immaneni <pramod () aligo ! com>
Date:       2001-11-10 21:20:07

Hi,

I was wondering if a work was going on to develop a kpart which can play
movies/audio. For example something which could interface to audio/video
codecs, rendering plugins (like Xvideo, SDL etc) and also being able to
use input devices like cameras. The result using almost one function
call a developer can embed a video/audio widget into his application.

As an initial implementation the input could be from video4linux
libs/infrastructure. The codecs (if kde has all mpeg codecs no problem)
else we could use xine library. The rendering I am not sure about what
options are available (is there a SDLWidget or anything like that?).

I am not yet a member of the mailing list so please cc to my e-mail id
too.

Thanks,
Pramod.