List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: State of the Noatun
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () zvw ! de>
Date:       2001-10-25 15:10:39

On Thursday 25 October 2001 16:07, Stephan de Georgio wrote:

> Is there any mp3/ogg tag reading code in KDE at the moment as I need this
> in my app and I will have to use some other libraries if it isn't.

I'm thinking about a general plugin system for getting additional file
information (key/value type) dependant on its mime type. And this would
include an mp3 plugin for reading id3 tags and mp3 headers. But this might
take a while.
Currently, I'm doing my experiments using the code from mp3info. It contains
functions that let you easily read the mp3 information, and get everything
you might want to know about an mp3, as long as you don't want id3v2 tags.

--
Linux is like a Wigwam : no Gates, no Windows but an Apache inside