List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Problem with "artsd"
From:       shang_xia <shang_xia () web ! de>
Date:       2001-10-09 12:39:19

Hello,
I use Redhat 7.1 and KDE 2.2.1. My "noatun"(KDE Media Player) doesn't work
correctly. It does't crash, but I can't hear mp3 music with it because it
plays too quickly(not second for second but one step for 9 or 10 seconds and
I hear nothing). With "artsd -lO -F10 -S4096", it gives :

         autodetecting driver:
         - oss: 10
         - null: 0
         ... which means we'll default to oss
         device capabilities: revision0 duplex realtime trigger mmap
         buffering: 10 fragments with 4096 bytes (audio latency is 232.2 ms)
         device capabilities: revision0 duplex realtime trigger mmap
         buffering: 10 fragments with 4096 bytes (audio latency is 232.2 ms)
         audio format is 44100 Hz, 16 bits, 2 channels
         addDirectory(/usr/lib/mcop,)
         addDirectory(/usr/lib/mcop/Arts,Arts)
         addDirectory(/usr/lib/mcop/Noatun,Noatun)
         addDirectory(/root/.mcop/trader-cache,)
         unix_connect: can't connect to server
         (unix:/tmp/mcop-root/yuwang_wh_vaih-04db-3bc217ca)
         Arts::MidiManager registered successfully.
         There are already artsd objects registered, looking if they are
         active...
         unix_connect: can't connect to server
         (unix:/tmp/mcop-root/yuwang_wh_vaih-04db-3bc217ca)
         ... cleaned 5 unused mcop global references.

         unix_connect: can't connect to server
         (unix:/tmp/mcop-root/yuwang_wh_vaih-04db-3bc217ca)
         (The previous message was repeated 4 times.)
         cpu overload, aborting

There isn't "artsd" package im my system, but when I install it, there are so
many conflicts with "art2.2.1-1". Do I need "artsd" at all? When I start
"aRts control" it says:
        Sound server fatal error:
        cpu overload,aborting
The relatice packages in my system: