On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 10:12:07AM +0200, Martijn Klingens wrote: > On Friday 21 September 2001 17:24, Martin Vogt wrote: > > I'm currently working on a replacement of the rendering system, > > which should do that. > > Aah... Then I for one am looking forward to that ;-) > > What's the current status? > I think 60% are done. I hope that it will be ready in the cvs-feature freeze time. Even when its ready the mpeglib APIs must be converted to the new ones. The library should allow easier integration of other codecs into KDE/arts. (xine port,...) > > > I tried a few approaches but all seemed to fail. > > > * Since mpeglib is not Qt code the signal/slot mechanism is not available > > > to mpeglib for making a simple callback call. > > > > It's easier to create an ARTS PlayObject, and control the decoder > > with calls through arts. > > > > What excatly do you want to do? > > Embed videos inside a bigger window ;-) > Besides the ugly jumping windows this is possible with VideoEmbed. > Where do they actually communicate with mpeglib? > And where does arts pass on the Window IDs and such? It seemed to me that > aRts didn't have a real provision for proper video embedding in its API and I > couldn't confirm that by looking at the code either. > > mpgPlayObject_impl.h is a sub class of decoderBaseObject. You will find everthing in mpeglib_artsplug. regards, Martin _______________________________________________ Kde-multimedia mailing list Kde-multimedia@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia