List:       kde-maemo
Subject:    Re: Kontact Touch running on Harmattan
From:       Laszlo Papp <lpapp () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-10-26 9:43:16

Yeah, I understand the frustration of the people because the security
is a very complex topic. Unfortunately, it is not gonna be any easier
in any mobile platform. Just check out the relevant threads on the
Android forum. ;) I am all for dismissing the confusions as much as I
can do.

> We also need some more aegis privileges in some other kde packages at least i get errors that
> the cache can not be symlinked from /var/tmp etc.

You can set the TMPVAR environment variable from program. I think when
I last achieved that, I just got the environment variable by using
getenv() and then set to /var/tmp. The default /tmp has a bit small
space, but /var/tmp should use your root filesystem. If I am not
mistaken, the /tmp is already symlinked against the relevant
environment variable. If that does not work, please send me the steps
you achieved, and I can investigate more.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp