List:       kde-maemo
Subject:    KDE profiles
From:       JD Zheng <entropy.zjd () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-14 15:12:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

I just subscribe to this maillist as I am very interested in KDE in mobile
world. I have been a long time KDE user and embedded software developer at
work and in spare time, and I am looking for an unified UI/App framework for
Mobile and Desktop environment and hope I can contribute. Seems KDE is
heading that direction.

I read kde-maemo maillist before but as it is gone now, I am unable to find
more profile concept detail. I'd like to understand it in details, such as
how to build different profiles and how they are defined, etc.

I understand latest KDE SVN trunk is needed and I managed get it built on my
Kubuntu 10.04 machine.It was unexpectedly difficult to me :-(. I am
wondering what distro do you normally used for building and testing for both
x86 and ARM so that maybe I can stay away from these building hassles
(though I prefer Debain ones:-) ).

Thanks,
JD Zheng