On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 15:20, Frank Karlitschek wrote: > Hi, > > our friends from Nokia offered us to host and sponsor a sprint in Oslo about KDE/Qt on Symbian phones. > > So if anyone is interested in organizing a sprint please contact me so that we can coordinate this. > > > I think this could be interesting for Plasma, Games, Edu or something else. > > > Cheers > Frank > Very interesting indeed. I've been developing a non-KDE Qt S60 app recently to gain some experience with the platform (or should I say *not* with the platform thanks to the awesomeness that is Qt). There is work being done in Amarok to separate GUI and logic for the same reason. Meanwhile the KDE-maemo effort has produced a working stripped kdelibs for that platform already, but on S60 it's not yet functional. My main goal is S60 (leading to Symbian^3 and Symbian^4) because of it's market share. I also happen to have a Nokia 5800 (the tube) where I miss some of the quality and features I enjoy on the desktop. So, yeah. A sprint with some of the Qt experts there would do wonders to progress. Any dates proposed? My preference is to late this year, preferably over a long weekend. Bart P.S. kde-maemo will be interested in this as well me thinks. _______________________________________________ Kde-maemo mailing list Kde-maemo@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-maemo