List:       kde-maemo
Subject:    [Kde-maemo] packaging attica
From:       fabo () kde ! org (Fathi Boudra)
Date:       2010-02-03 9:08:31

Hi,

2010/2/3 Frederik Gladhorn <gladhorn at kde.org>:
> And for others trying to use debian packages: using debhelper7 might save some
> time - add debhelper7 as dependency in debian/control

debhelper 7 ? SDK Maemo has v5 only.
Do you use your own port ? which version ?

> and its path to
> debian/rules:
> # use debhelper7
> PATH:=/usr/bin/dh7:/usr/bin:$(PATH)
> export PATH

It's fine, you can export your variables in the debian/rules. e.g.
from Debian Qt package:
#!/usr/bin/make -f

# Uncomment this to turn on verbose mode.
#export DH_VERBOSE=1

export QTDIR := $(shell pwd)
export PATH := $(QTDIR)/bin:$(PATH)
# workaround to use lrelease.
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH := $(QTDIR)/lib:$(LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
# workaround to use qhelpgenerator.
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH := $(QTDIR)/plugins

Btw, you don't need to add '/usr/bin', it's already in the path.

wrt to Bjoern opinion, imho debhelper > 7.3.16 is a good choice
(7.4.13 even better).
dh, cmake , kde sequence addon support is very powerfull.
The packaging is even easier than CDBS (I'm a long long CDBS user).

Cheers,

Fathi
with his Debian developer hat