List:       kde-maemo
Subject:    [Kde-maemo] which to "optify" (is: KDE packaging for Maemo)
From:       bernhard () intevation ! de (Bernhard Reiter)
Date:       2010-01-26 8:05:59

Am Montag, 25. Januar 2010 19:09:34 schrieb Kevin Ottens:
> > Again the prblem will be that we must decide which packages should go to
> > /opt or possibility even to MyDocs. "/" will be just to small for our
> > needs.
>
> Well so far, the list dependencies are rather small I think so they could
> go on /.

I think we should be ready to put many of them to /opt, because the list of
dependencies will grow and in a typical N900 installation there will be other
packages that occupy '/'. Ideally we would not occupy space on '/'.
The expectation of a typical N900 user will be that she can install other
packages to their liking and still get Kontact on N900 installed and started.
(Most people will think 30Gibibyte of space on the device as one block.)

> There's a few notable exceptions though which are qt4-maemo5
> (Harald made it "optified" anyway), mysql, and possibly virtuoso (although
> if split well it can be downsized quite a bit).
>
> Of course most of them can be optified, the only one which seem to be a
> real problem in /opt would be shared-mime-info I think.

Intevation GmbH, Osnabr?ck, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabr?ck, HRB 18998
Gesch?ftsf?hrer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner