List:       kde-maemo
Subject:    [Kde-maemo] KDE packaging for Maemo
From:       ervin () kde ! org (Kevin Ottens)
Date:       2010-01-25 20:54:56

On Monday 25 January 2010 21:06:46 Marijn Kruisselbrink wrote:
> On Monday 25 January 2010 19:09:40 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > On Friday 22 January 2010 19:47:18 Alexis M?nard wrote:
> > > kdelibs :
> > > - shared-mime-info 0.70 The SDK ship a too old version for KDE. This
> > > is a problem it will conflict with the SDK one. How to solve that?
> >
> > I don't think it's going to be a problem, it's backward compatible so
> > upgrading you SDK and your device to 0.70 should be a no-brainer (except
> > if some package requires a specific version of shared-mime-info, but then
> > that would be a broken package IMO).
>
> I think when I last asked some nokia person about getting a newer version
> (which was in diablo days), the problem with that would be that the maemo
> version of the package on the device has some nokia/maemo mimetypes as well
> that are not in the normal one.

Which is OK, we could patch that in our own version as well.

> And of course, whenever you upgrade a package that is part of the normal
> firmware you can no longer do proper updates of your device, as a
> meta-package that is needed for that will be removed.

Hm, exactly what I was fearing. And you're right indeed, mp-fremantle-generic-
pr depends on shared-mime-info (= 0.30-2maemo5+0m5). :-/

So we either need a way to make both version co-installable, and then
optified, or push the Nokia people to be more relaxed in this dependency
(which could take quite some time).

Regards.
--
K?vin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net