List:       kde-maemo
Subject:    [Kde-maemo] Qt/Maemo SDK VM
From:       ervin () kde ! org (Kevin Ottens)
Date:       2010-01-13 13:31:54

Hello list,

I just wanted to let everybody know that I?ve been working on a virtual
machine to help KDE developers easily get a Maemo SDK. I added some
documentation so now we have a Qt/Maemo SDK VM page on techbase (download URL
and installation procedure are there):
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Maemo/VM

It should be relatively easy for anyone to have it working: download, boot,
login, run a script, done: you can know use Qt 4.6 in a fully setup Maemo SDK.

Hopefully that will lower the bar to contributing for quite some people, which
is motivation number one behind this VM. That's today's solution, although for
building itself MADDE is more future proof (still we'll probably have to keep
scratchbox around for simulators since not everyone has a device to play
with).

That?s it for now, don?t hesitate to drop me a mail if you have issues with
the VM.

Regards.
--
K?vin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net