List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] The meinproc4 segfault is finally REPRODUCIBLE
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-05-06 23:47:48

On Thursday May 07 2015 09:15:22 Ian Wadham wrote:

Hi,

> > he verified that building only one job at a time solves this issue.
>
> Good to hear.
>
> > What next?

Supposing this is only about meinproc4 and given how old the code apparently is, I'd \
not spend a lot of time on it myself. Rather, I'd try to find a suitable solution \
that makes sure not more than 1 meinproc4 process is active for a given project (or \
on the system). A lock file approach that blocks a new instance as long as an already \
running instance hasn't terminated should do the trick.

I presume you've seen backtraces showing where the crash occurs, and also know if \
it's always the same process (the newer or the older) process that crashes? If the \
crash occurs in code processing a temp file that both processes try to access, \
locking that file would probably even be the proper fix...

Have fun, and here's to "it" not being a Heisenbug ;)

R.