List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] OSX/CI: okular fails to build on branch frameworks
From:       Alexander Richardson <arichardson.kde () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-04-11 19:28:58

> On Saturday April 11 2015 18:12:05 Marko Käning wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Hi Alexander,
> > > Looks like you're not pulling in the CoreFoundation (CF*) and CoreGraphics \
> > > (CG*) frameworks ...
> > > R.
> >
> > for some reason okular again misbehaves…
> >
> > Any ideas what caused the code to not use CF and CG (anymore)?
>
> Actually, the code still uses functions from those frameworks, but the CMake files \
> no longer ensure it is being linked. The KDE4 Okular version does *not* call for \
> CoreFoundation and CoreGraphics itself, only for the IOKit framework. That suggests \
> that those frameworks are part of the standard KDE4_*_LIBS or even injected by the \
> Qt cmake files, all of which would make perfect sense.
> Does Okular have this kind of platform-dependent code in its own source (apart \
> apparently from IOKit calls)?
> R.

There is some OSX specific code in core/utils.cpp. However, I have
only recently started looking at the Okular source code so I can't
really comment on it.

There is also a line     SET(OKULAR_IOKIT "-framework IOKit" CACHE
STRING "Apple IOKit framework") in the top level CMakeLists.txt, maybe
that needs to be changed to add "-framework CoreGraphics" as well? No
OS X experience so I'm afraid I can't really help you there.

Alex