List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Trouble applying QSP patch from Qt's codereview
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-03-05 22:15:23

On Thursday March 05 2015 22:24:53 Marko Käning wrote:

> I have version 2.4.5 installed.
>
> Wondering whether your 2.4.4 actually knows the option "-static" in contrast to
> mine...

Actually, Bradley's VM has 2.4.6 installed, and I've been building Qt 5.4.1 just fine \
with that.

> > Well that's weird. As you see above libtool isn't a dependency for Qt itself.
>
> Well, it's not declared as an explicit dependency, but seems to be used if found.

I've checked the build output from an older 5.4.0 full build, and it gives 0 hits on \
libtool. That doesn't mean of course that your CI system builds things the same way. \
I can only suggest that you try my port with your MacPorts install, and then hunt \
down any differences that might explain your issue.

> NONE of ImageMagick, gobject-introspection, graphviz, redland or
>
> > libtool were on the large recursive list of dependents of qt4-mac that
> > I had to deactivate first…
>
> So, those come in only for qt5 then?!!

devans@macports gave a nice trick (and utterly annoying on a "production" system) to \
build a port with only the required ports available:

%> port deactivate active
%> port build foo

I don't think I have to explain?

R.