List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Trouble applying QSP patch from Qt's codereview
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-03-05 21:19:43

On Thursday March 05 2015 20:45:16 Marko Käning wrote:

> Can all of you tell me, please, whether you guys have actually MacPorts' libtool
> installed?

%> port installed "*libtool*"
Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider updating them by \
running 'port selfupdate'. The following ports are currently installed:
  libtool @2.4.2_3+universal
  libtool @2.4.2_4+universal
  libtool @2.4.2_5+universal
  libtool @2.4.4_0+universal (active)

(yeah, I should do some cleaning up ... I even have a script that removes all except \
a select subset of inactive ports)

> I do have it here, but I don't understand, why it actually is a dependency to
> these two ports and not just a build-time dependency:

%> port rdependents libtool | fgrep -i qt
Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider updating them by \
running 'port selfupdate'.  QtCurve
              phonon-backend-vlc-qt5
              phonon-backend-gstreamer-qt5
        QtCurve-gtk2
      polkit-qt
      poppler-qt4-mac
      poppler-qt5-mac

%>  port info poppler-qt5-mac
Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider updating them by \
running 'port selfupdate'. poppler-qt5-mac @0.31.0 (graphics)
Variants:             test, universal

                base.
Homepage:             http://poppler.freedesktop.org/

Extract Dependencies: xz
Build Dependencies:   pkgconfig, autoconf, automake, libtool, pkgconfig
Library Dependencies: bzip2, curl, expat, fontconfig, freetype, jpeg, glib2, cairo, \
                lcms2, libpng, openjpeg15,
                      poppler-data, tiff, zlib, gobject-introspection, qt5-mac, \
poppler Conflicts with:       pdf2json, xpdf-tools
Platforms:            darwin
License:              GPL-2+
Maintainers:          devans@macports.org, openmaintainer@macports.org

In other words: build dependencies seem to be recorded just like like library and \
runtime dependencies. I think I already wondered aloud about that on the macports-dev \
ML (and was told that "it is what you want TM").

> Turns out I MUST deactivate it (forcibly) to HOPEFULLY be able to build qt 5.4.1
> on my OSX/CI system otherwise I end up with tons of errors like these:

Well that's weird. As you see above libtool isn't a dependency for Qt itself.

> version 5.4.1… Otherwise I'd be lost here.

I'm still getting your email, so you cannot be completely lost ;)

R.