List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Multiplatform frameworks
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-03-03 0:32:30

Hi Jeremy,

On 02/03/2015, at 11:42 PM, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> I read that KDEInstallDirs documentation [2], and it seems it's a bit outdated

Well, it is part of the official documentation for ECM, in api.kde.org, so it
*ought* to be up-to-date, but there is no date or version number AFAICS.
What makes you think it is outdated?

> or at least not complete.

Heh, heh.  It could be better written and explain things more, I agree… :-)

> If I change just -DKDE_INSTALL_DATADIR but nothing else here. kdesrc-build is \
> installing data (stuff that went under $prefix/share) in "~/Library/Application \
> Support" but nothing else so far. For example .desktop files for applications are \
> currently in /usr/local/share/applications and kservice5 stuff is still in \
> /usr/local/share/kservices5. Now after rereading that page it seems I changed the \
> DATA_INSTALL_DIR but not the DATAROOTDIR, and since I set it to an absolute path \
> it's installing those files correctly. I guess ultimately we would need/want to \
> change all those paths on OS X. In my test here I've simply added \
> -DKDE_INSTALL_DATADIR="/Users/jeremy/Library/Application Support" to the cmake \
> options in my ~/.kdesrc-buildrc If there's somewhere where default cmake arguments \
> are set per platform maybe that would be better to use and we can figure out the \
> best places for all of these various paths one at a time.

I guess if you use -DKDE_INSTALL_FULL_DATAROOTDIR=… all the shared
data directories will follow the <appname> directories like Bo Peep's sheep.

BTW the names in square brackets in [2], such as DATA_INSTALL_DIR, are
supposed to be deprecated, but I see some recently-ported KF5 apps are still
using them in CMakeLists.txt.  Should they be using KDE_INSTALL_DATADIR,
KDE_INSTALL_KXMLGUI5DIR, etc.?

Cheers, Ian W.