List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] OSX/CI: konversation still fails to run properly
From:       <mk-lists () email ! de>
Date:       2015-02-23 22:20:53

Hi René,

On 23 Feb 2015, at 23:09 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, kglobalaccel used to be built as a regular, non-bundle application.. \
> That's one reason I had to patch the code to make it behave like an agent (= don't \
> appear in the dock)

yes, I remember that in KDE4.

> ... and that I only did because it was one of those unwanted apps that kept \
> appearing there (in the dock) without my explicit benediction.  There ought to be \
> no reason it is now built as an app bundle. I don't think it ever presents a dialog \
> or other widget, it just needs a connection to the window server in order to handle \
> keyboard events.

Looks like your changes never made it into KF5. Good that we're all able to work
on KF5 these days! :-D

> > As to how to make these changes permanent when building the .services files
> > with cmake I'm not sure, how was that done with kde4 based macports stuff?
>
> Not, I think. It's possible that some patches were made "post-destroot" in MacPorts \
> Portfiles, but I have in fact never looked at that.

Well, that should NOT be done by MacPorts, but rather by CMake at build time,
don't you think?

> > > item is already in a menu, remove it from the other menu first before
> > > inserting
>
> That one is due to Qt's heuristic guessmatics trying to decide which menu actions \
> are assigned to About, Preferences and other OS X menu items.

I thought so. :)

> I tried to make the error message more useful (print the incriminated menu \
> item/action) but I don't know if that patch made it to my +KDE variant of \
> port:Qt5-mac-devel (yet).

I am not running your qt5-mac-* ports, but mostly only my OSX/CI system.

> Did you install Phonon (phonon4qt5), with a backend and all the stuff the backend \
> requires?

Well, I installed the phonon project yes.

> > > appeared on
>
> Who wrote this, in fact?

Who wrote what?

> > > in the
>
> Yes, as I said I think it is. I haven't been able to prove that yet, though (didn't \
> try too hard either). That said, the message is about a menu *item*, not a menu \
> *action* (QAction) that's already associated with a menu. So it could be some other \
> Qt-internal glitch, though I cannot recall seeing it in pure Qt5 apps.
> Does KF5 Konversation have multiple menu entries with names that share a common \
> string and if so, is that a string that could trigger the menu role heuristics?

No clue, but I see that Jeremy just found a couple of very similar "Configure"
menu items...

Greets,
Marko