List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Repository for patches to fix KDE Problems on OS X
From:       "Marko_Käning" <mk-lists () email ! de>
Date:       2014-06-28 15:14:40

Hi Brad,

> > Maybe, as a quick fix, we could then declare kde4-runtime as a
> > dependency of all KDE apps, depending on what comes out of my
> > further investigations and what Nicolas and Bradley think.
>
> If we end up with this quick fix most MacPorts users will enjoy the benefits of \
> installing a binary of kde4-runtime from: \
> http://packages.macports.org/kde4-runtime/[http://packages.macports.org/kde4-runtime/]

yes. :)

> Ian, is the kde4-runtime +debug variant required for Dr Konqi to work?

Well, I don't think it is needed. I HOPE it is not needed, better!!!

In fact, if you want to build the debug variant for a single port I am
afraid that EVERYTHING, down to qt4-mac will have to be built as debug
variants, which means you'd have to build everything from scratch and
cannot get prebuilt binaries from our buildbots.

Greets,
Marko