List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Fixes for Filelight utility and LSkat game
From:       Nicolas Pavillon <nicos () macports ! org>
Date:       2014-05-13 15:49:42

Hello Ian, =

> I have found https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/kde and I thi=
nk I can
> download patches from there.

You can indeed download the Macports tree from there, but you should also h=
ave =

a local copy of all of it in your Macports installation. =

> I would like to retry the kdesrc-build route, but applying MacPorts patch=
es to my local
> git repositories of KDE source and building and installing into non-MacPo=
rts directories.
> =

> Does the above trac repository have all the patches I may need?  If so, w=
here can I find the
> "post-configure hack" you mention above?  And indeed, what is a "post-con=
figure hack=94?

The fact that the repository is from a present installation also means that=
 there may be =

patches that you will miss to install 4.13. =

Marko pointed out the place describing this post-configure hack. It means t=
hat you need
to configure kde4-runtime, then manually modify the file, and then build. =

> And are there perhaps some global KDE patches somewhere (e.g. for CMake f=
iles,
> build parameters, package-find paths, library-load paths, etc.)?

I assume that it may be quite a hassle to manually reproduce the Macports e=
nvironment. =

In addition to the definitions in each Portfiles, all KDE ports depend on a=
 portgroup, kde4, =

which defines a whole bunch of constants. This portgroup then also depends =
on two =

other portgroup, qt4 and cmake, which also define a lot of environment vari=
ables and configuration
preferences. =

Cheers, =

Nicolas