List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Fixes for Filelight utility and LSkat game
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-05-11 9:21:13

Hi Ian,

On 11 May 2014, at 06:00 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are several other environment variables that need to be set to
> achieve full isolation.  These are set in a script which is run automatic=
ally
> as soon as I "cd" to my programming work-area, thanks to a special "cd"
> function in my ~/.profile.  I can have more than one such area, each with
> its own setup.
can you perhaps share these files? I am myself looking for a way to work on
KMyMoney code without the need to install it using =93port install=94 every=
 time.

> With apps, I do not worry about versions of KDE apps and daemons, unless
> perhaps the app is complicated by having plugins and KParts.  It turns out
> that the daemons and background processes needed to run an app are
> not running continuously, but only occasionally as a result of library ca=
lls
> made by the app (e.g. if Palapeli requests a plugin to slice a new puzzle=
).
Well, KMyMoney, Skrooge and other apps heavily rely on KParts and plugins,
which is why kbuildsycoca probably also needs to know where to find newly b=
uilt
libs in the build directory of the application one is working on.

> The only thing that runs all the time is central DBus, apparently.
Yep.

> A dedicated user account is recommended by the manual for kdesrc-build.
I thought so.

> I tried it, but did not get very far.  It failed on git setup and reposit=
ory access,
> but should work if you are going to use anongit.  I think it will give yo=
u private
> ownership of processes you may start indirectly, but everyone gets the sa=
me
> central DBus, MacPorts, etc. which are owned by root.
I=92m interested in those bash files. Might try building it as a dedicated =
user.

Greets,
Marko