List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Suggestion to set up a central MacPorts/KDE repository for easy exchange of MacPorts p
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-11 4:24:01

Hi Marko,

On 10/05/2014, at 7:31 PM, mk-lists@email.de wrote:
> On 10 May 2014, at 04:56 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Or, for infrequent usage, I could commit on anyone else's behalf.  Once =
inside, there
>> are lots of places to put tools and partly developed stuff you wish to s=
hare.
> So, we=92re at least two among MacPorts-based developers with direct KDE =
access. :)

Yup!  But to be used with care =85 :-)  I find it quite scary that anyone w=
ho
has access can modify anything anywhere in KDE software, but I think
there is some monitoring of what we commit.

>> Either a KDE or a MacPorts repository would suit me fine - git or SVN.
>> Meanwhile I am hoping Nicolas will send me an advance copy of his
>> Portfiles to get me going again =85 :-)
> I hope you=92ll be able to get those KDE 4.13 ports installed using his c=
urrent version of
> kdelibs4 port. In that case it might also enable you to update the sectio=
n entitled
> 	=93Configure your KDE development environment=94
> in [1] if you want to enable someone else to use kdesrc-build instead of =
MacPorts=92
> KDE ports.

Yes, that [1] is a desirable goal, if I can just get kdesrc-build to go =85=
 ;-)  That
Zarboz guy must have hit it at a lucky time.

It turns out that one at least needs some MacPorts patches to overcome KDE
portability problems and so it might make sense to put some of them upstrea=
m.
OTOH I can think of at least one case where MacPorts just decides to do thi=
ngs
differently to KDE and, if that is a patch, it should *not* go upstream.

Perhaps these things will "all come out in the wash", as my accountant
likes to say, when we have closer links to KDE CI, testing and releases.

Cheers, Ian W.