List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Suggestion to set up a central MacPorts/KDE repository	for easy exchange of MacPorts p
From:       Nicolas Pavillon <nicos () macports ! org>
Date:       2014-05-10 4:17:30

Hello, =

> what do you think about putting those files onto a public repository [1] =

I am not sure to see the advantage of doing that. I do not really expect th=
ese files to be worked on by several people so that a shared environment wo=
uld be needed. Most of the work is then usually more involved in patches to=
 the new code instead of Portfiles which are rather stable, so that I would=
 tend to use the existing platforms (KDE bugs/Macports tickets) instead of =
creating a new one. =

> like I did it for your intermediate fix [2] for cmake a few weeks ago?

My opinion is a little bit the same with this one. I still consider that th=
is issue was specific to certain systems and not general (but it would beco=
me general with MacPorts 2.3.0), so that having the patch on the ticket see=
med sufficient to me. It also means that now the two places are now not in =
sync. A patch has already been committed to Macports to normally solve the =
issue, so that the information at https://bitbucket.org/mkae/macports-kde/w=
iki/Home is now outdated: the older patch linked over there would break, as=
 an improved version has already been committed. This type of =93double upd=
ate=94 seems to imply more work to me. =

Cheers, =

Nicolas