List:       kde-mac
Subject:    [KDE/Mac] Suggestion to set up a central MacPorts/KDE repository for easy exchange of MacPorts port
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-05-10 0:06:40

Hi Nicolas,
Hi Ian,

On 09 May 2014, at 10:00 , Nicolas Pavillon <nicos@macports.org> wrote:
> I could eventually send you the Portfiles if it could help. I kept them t=
o track the probable changes to apply when migrating to KDE 4.13 on Macport=
s.

what do you think about putting those files onto a public repository [1] li=
ke I did it for your intermediate fix [2] for cmake a few weeks ago?

1)
We could make use of [1] for this purpose, if you like. I could - instead o=
f Mercurial - also use git, if that=92s more to your taste.
I am using a Mercurial repo for years to exchange port files with Brad [3].=
 In there your change [1] is also reflected as commit [4].

2)
On the other hand one might want to avoid using non-free services like BitB=
ucket or GitHub and instead go for KDE=92s infrastructure itself...

Therefore I asked around on #kde-sysadmin and Ben told me to neither use gi=
t-lab nor scratch repos and instead make use of a repo at git.kde.org.

3)
Another option might be to simply stay on MacPorts=92 SVN server by creatin=
g your own user branch following [5] where you could put e.g. your current =
KDE 4.13 port files which would then be visible on [6] and could easily be =
accessed by all of us. This might help Ian regarding his tries to get KDE 4=
.13 up and running.

Nicolas, what do you think?

Ian, what would you prefer?

Greets,