List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] KDE 4.13
From:       Nicolas Pavillon <nicos () macports ! org>
Date:       2014-04-27 4:33:39

Hello, =

I had a quick try to build the basic ports of KDE, and could build successf=
ully 4.13.0. =

For what I understand, the transition to Baloo is however far from complete=
d, with nepomuk still mentioned as being required =

for several applications. I intend to wait at least for 4.13.1 before relea=
sing it on MacPorts, but I thought that the best approach
could be to set baloo as a variant for now, but we=92ll have to see.

As nepomuk is still required, it is not advised to have both nepomuk and ba=
loo running together, although it is possible. Another
thing is that since there is also Spotlight on Mac, I am not sure that all =
users would want two indexing programs running on their
platform.

Cheers, =

Nicolas

On Apr27, 2014, at 2:33, mk-lists@email.de wrote:

> Hi Nicos, or anyone else,
> =

> were you successful in building kdelibs4 version 4.13 already?
> =

> I am asking because there is the transition from Nepomuk to Baloo now... =
and I am wondering whether that will cause problems on OSX.