List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Fixing graphics problems in KDE/Qt on Apple OS X
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-26 21:46:41

On 27/04/2014, at 1:57 AM, Nicolas Pavillon wrote:
> Sure, here are below the lines of interest which worked for the dummy application I \
> was referring to:
> <key>LSEnvironment</key>
> <dict>
> 	 <key>LANG</key>
> 	 <string>en_GB</string>
> </dict>
> where I was setting LANG as a test.
>
> I also made a quick empirical test with KBounce as you suggested it. I first \
> installed qt4-mac +raster, which readily improved some of the interface. I then \
> added the lines to set the QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM=raster variable,  but I did not see \
> any difference with it.

It should go faster. It runs painfully slowly if you do not enforce
Raster at execution time.  You can even run out of time to finish
the first KBounce game.

A more positive test is Palapeli.  Start any puzzle and drag, with
the left mouse button down, from any empty spot on the puzzle
table.  You get no rubber band or a messed-up rubber band,
unless you have enforced Raster in the command or via the
environment variable.

Cheers, Ian W.