List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Binary distribution license check
From:       Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla () macports ! org>
Date:       2014-04-14 22:48:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Apr 12, 2014, at 3:36 PM, mk-lists@email.de wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> perhaps this is the wrong list for such a question, but let’s start here first...
>
> When I check on MacPorts for a typical KDE application whether it is binary \
> distributable, e.g. for KMyMoney, I get something like this: —
> "mysql5" is not distributable because its license "gpl" conflicts with license \
> "OpenSSL" of dependency "openssl"

The mysql5 port (version 5.1.72) is discouraged in favor of one of the new mysql \
ports mysql51 (version 5.1.72), mysql55, mysql56, mariadb or percona, all of which do \
not link against openssl by default. Updating whatever ports are pulling in mysql5 to \
use mysql51, or better, mariadb, solves the mysql5 issue.

"mysql5" is not distributable because its license "gpl" conflicts with license \
"OpenSSL" of dependency "openssl" "mysql51" is distributable
"mysql55" is distributable
"mysql56" is distributable
"mariadb" is distributable
"percona" is distributable