List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] "Problems of KDE software" wiki page on MacPorts
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-04-13 10:57:55

Hi Meik,

On 13 Apr 2014, at 12:41 , meik michalke <meik.michalke@uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> our port of RKWard has been ignored to the day, feedback was hard to get (the
> one reply we got was very useful, though), it's still not available after two
> years[1].
I see. I saw your Aug’12 post on this list, but still didn’t have the time to look at \
the application, because the distributed files are 1GB thick. :-) Well, I did have a \
look at your site a few days ago, as you see. ;-) OK, I wasn’t aware of that ticket \
and that you wanted to distribute it through MacPorts. I just CC’ed myself to it for \
now.

> nonetheless, we're maintaining the portfile in RKWard's source tree[2], and
> build our precompiled bundles[3] from it. unfortunately we never figured why
> it wasn't considered worthy of being listed in the available ports.
Meik, I’ll try to test-install it here on my machine and if all goes smoothly I could \
add its portfile to the MacPorts tree for you.

And, regarding the worthiness: obviously there was no other user interested so far, \
which is why no MacPorts maintainer took care of it. If you would have posted this \
email to MacPorts mailing list once again, I am quite sure that Ryan himself would \
have committed it long ago, since he’s enormously active on MacPorts. To be honest I \
don’t know how he manages it.

OK, so the 13 months old port is still your current version then?
If so, I’d give it a go and report back to you.

Thanks for posting!

Greets,
Marko

P.S.: Actually, when hunting for the missing application icons issue I was close to \
try to contact you, because your app obviously shows its icon properly. (Luckily I’ve \
kde-mac@kde.org