List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Qt4-Mac differences and KDE apps
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-04-12 11:36:45

Hi Ian,

On 12 Apr 2014, at 02:57 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is to let you know that some problems in KDE apps on OS X may
> be due to code accidentally using non-portable features of Qt.
this is very interesting, and it seems that our KDE problems page should have a \
section devoted to these topics. Generally though this should rather be addressed by \
the KDE folks themselves.

> Marko has just reported a bug in Palapeli (a KDE app for jigsaw
Great. Out of curiosity I had just tested the latest 4.12.4 version because I had \
noticed some occasional crashes in an earlier version of the game.

> I noticed another case in which one of the KDE Games (KBounce)
> displays a message as black-on-black and there is a similar sounding
> bug (re QML Components) in Marko's list on:
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDEProblems
Ha, and another overlap here, although I came from KDevelop!
Is there a bug at b.k.o. for the KBounce issue?

It looks like our little wiki page already starts to do something good!!! :-D
I actually didn’t imagine that just creating this page would get immediate feedback \
among us, Ian. Look, we were in frequent contact, but didn’t come across these issues \
just by b.k.o. So the last night’s hours on my end were obviously already \
well-invested. :-)

> The solution, to both types of Qt non-portability, is for the KDE author or
> maintainer to re-program using some more portable feature of Qt or KDE.
Yup.
As said above I think we should have a section listing the issues we find on hour \
endeavour.

> I should have fixed the KBounce black-on-black problem.  I found it...
> … Somehow I forgot to get back to it.  Mea culpa …
Always good to identify a guilty one! ;-)

> I will be addressing the Palapeli and KBounce bugs as soon as possible.
> My former GSoC student is maintainer of KBounce and I am maintainer
> of Palapeli … :-)
Great.

Greets,
Marko