List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] [rkward-users]   problem installing on Mac
From:       "Thomas Friedrichsmeier" <thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       2010-05-10 14:39:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Monday 10 May 2010, Mike Arthur wrote:
> That's going to make it pretty hard for KDE people to be able to contribute
>  fixes. It's SVN as well, right?

I continue to be positively amazed by the inclusiveness of KDE. However, there
*are* reasons to keep RKWard as an external project. If you really wish to
discuss those, feel free to post to rkward-devel AT lists.sourceforge.net .

> 1) Port out the X11 code
> 2) Fix the CMake code with the needed paths
> 3) Make a Fink and Macports package rather than getting users to compile
>  manually.
>
> To be honest, I wouldn't try and support Mac until one of your developers
>  has access to one or one of your community volunteers to fix the above.
>
> Hope this helps!

Well, not quite what I had hoped for, but thanks for your assessment!

Could you still provide some generic instructions on how KDE4/cmake-based
software can be compiled on the mac? After all, properly setting up a build-
environment is the very first step, either way.

Regards
Thomas