On 10 May 2010, at 18:36, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote: > On Monday, May 10, 2010, Mike Arthur wrote: >> Personally I'm all for developers being told that Qt applications are FAR >> more portable than KDE applications. I'd go as far as to say that there are >> no KDE applications that are ported and packaged sufficiently for novice >> end-users on Windows or Mac. There are plenty of Qt applications that meet >> this requirement. > > And what do you propose to solve this problem? I don't expect that we, Linux > developers with not much experience as Mac users (not to mention as > packagers) could do a great job packaging applications ourselves. There are two solutions to this problem: 1) Make your applications so they optionally depend on KDELibs rather than always 2) Help with making KDELibs more modular I get you about the packaging thing but this is open-source, if your users are demanding Mac packages then you should get them to help out. -- Cheers, Mike Arthur http://mikearthur.co.uk _______________________________________________ kde-mac@kde.org List Information: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-mac KDE/Mac Information: http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/KDE_on_Mac_OS_X