List:       kde-mac
Subject:    [KDE/Mac] automate launchctl load on startup?
From:       Richard DeLaurell <richard.delaurell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-13 17:44:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

I have a couple of questions and I'm hoping this is the correct list to post
these:

I had trouble running kdebase4 (macports pkg name) applications for awhile
(mainly, konsole and konqueror), but running

sudo launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist

and

launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

seems to fix that problem.

My first question: is there any way to automate this?  I run these programs
from my dock on the os x desktop and would rather not have to open the
terminal just to run the "launchctl" commands.

My second question: is there a port of the main kde4 environment which will
run from the mac desktop, or from the mac X11 environment?

My apologies if these questions are too basic, but I am fairly new to all of
this.

Thanks for any help.

Richard

MacBook Pro, Core2Duo, 4g, OS X 10.5.8, MacPorts 1.8.1