List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Mutating themes
From:       "Steven D'Aprano" <dippy () mikka ! net ! au>
Date:       2001-08-26 15:12:35

Wilco Greven wrote:

> Then it's time to learn how to behave. You only reply to another message
> if your message is related to it. To get the mail address of a list, use an
> alias, an addressbook or use kmail which has some nice features that make
> managing mailinglists easier. Hitting reply to get the address is just lazy.
>
> BTW, your mailer seems to be broken in that it doesn't put the appropriate
> References or In-Reply-To field in your message header.

Er, excuse me, but if the mailer doesn't put in a In-Reply-To field in
the message header, then what possible difference does it make if the
author is lazy and hits Reply To instead of using an alias etc?

Etiquette just for the sake of etiquette is pointless and pompose. The
same goes for netiquette. Let's not get into a pissing context of what's
netiquette and what isn't over a few trivial little infringements.

--
Steven D'Aprano