List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: K start menu icon ideas
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2001-07-27 23:21:00

Hi,

There are all nice efforts but I don't see them getting at the heart of
the problem.  Long ago I thought a good solution was just to put an
active tooltip over the KDE menu, with a cartoon-dialog-like link,
saying "Application Menu\nClick here to start".  Something like in
http://www.kde.com/devel/start.png (witness my poor drawing skills).  So
this thing would go away as soon as you hit a key or the mouse button,
and, of course, in KDE's grand tradition, would have to be configurable.

Ciao,

Dre