List:       kde-look
Subject:    Dual windows.
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2001-06-08 18:33:19

Hello,

This is probably not a look issue but I'm steaming right now and if I don't
vent somewhere I'm going to go on a six state killing spree.

I had a split window of two locations and was copying specific files from one
to the other - from one theme directory to another theme directory on a web
site project. I dragged and dropped in the usual way and specified OK when I
presumed it was asking me I I wanted to overwrite. I did this on several
files I had spent the whole day making.

Well, it turns out that I was dragging and dropping into the same directory.
I had hit the back button too many times and was switched in one pane to the
original theme. And all files are NOW ZERO BYTE FILES. My whole morning is
trashed on a project with a deadline in two goddamn hours.

I am using 2.1.1 and I certainly hope this is no longer a feature in KDE.

Sean.

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
Cutting edge web design and applications development.