List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: A new paradigm
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-05-15 10:46:11

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 06:40:29AM -0400, Dave Leigh wrote:
> I can't speak for how it should be translated. It's derived from the Latin
> word "sedere", meaning "to sit", so the literal meaning is "a sitting."
> Perhaps this helps. It would seem that "Sitzung" is derived from the same
> source. My dictionary suggests "Sitzungsperiode," but I'm not familiar
> with how that differs in meaning (sounds redundant to me).

You could also see it as one "run" of the program, which could be translated
as "Ausfuehrung" (sp?) in German (IIRC). (Session)/Run management tries to
keep the applications contents/settings the same as the previous run.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest