----- Original Message ----- From: "Henry Stanaland" To: Sent: 09 May 2001 22:33 Subject: Re: kdesktop wait cursor > > > I also was thinking that these animated icons wouldn't solve > the problem of opening apps from the menu...does anybody > have any ideas? Just off the top of my head I'll throw some > out: > > *Leave the menu open for a second while the icon jumps up > and down (or whatever) then close it. > > *If you click on an application in the kmenu, perhaps the gear > behind the K could spin. > -problem: not specific enough if you open multiple > menu items simultaneously > > Then again, I just realized I'm being kind of stupid because > there's much less ambiguity with the menu(since it's single > click). > > Oh, yeah besides the "flashy" stuff being usefull, you must not > forget that flash is a good way to gain converts(as that is what > they first noticed)....but not too flashy that it's a distraction. > > -Henry > Something that BeOS does when you double-click an icon is a small ractangle zooms out to roughly the size of the icon very quickly. It lets me know whether I've actually double-clicked an icon or not. For menu's, the item could flash briefly before going away as in MacOS or BeOS. - Tomasz