On Wednesday 09 May 2001 04:41, Hylton Clarke wrote: > Again, you are catering for the beginner. That would piss me off no end= , if > I had no access to my screen while waiting for something to load. The i= dea > of having an hour glass linked to the mouse pointer works fine for me.=20 It works fine for me too. But since I've got an Alienware Area 51 PC I ne= ver=20 see the hourglass anyway ;). I'm suggesting a setting that when enabled w= ould=20 enable a "Please Wait" screen-saver while the application is loading, and= =20 disappear when the application is loaded. It's not something I'd ever use= ,=20 but it would be a solution for many administrators out there with a compu= ter=20 illiterate user base. I think one of the key hurdles for GUI development is the notion that=20 whatever is built has to work for everyone. This is a problem. In my opin= ion,=20 a GUI should be completed themed, and a given theme could change virtuall= y=20 everything about the user interface along with certain system preferences= =2E In=20 this manner you could offer a Novice theme, a Professional theme, a Carpe= nter=20 theme, a Doctor theme, etc. Simply changing the color of the button is a=20 great start, but more needs to be done.=20 Sean. --=20 Digital Spinner, Inc. Cutting edge web design and applications development. sean@digitalspinner.com http://www.digitalspinner.com Phone: 802.948.2020 Fax: 802.948.2749