On Tuesday 08 May 2001 17:33, Stephen Yates wrote: > (like > > >the animation when you minimize a window). This will attract the users > >attention. > > Mac OS X indicates that an app is loading by making it's icon in the Dock > bounce up and down. How about changing/animating the icon that has been I have seen this already and would like to see this as a kind of iconeffect (Like those animations in DesktopX for windows). Still this solution is too flashy for defaut usage imho. > clicked on to launch the app? That way no screen space would be needed to > show that the app is loading (personally I find splash screens very well it needs quite a lot of screenspace and big icons to avoid that it looks ridiculous. > annoying), and the taskbar wouldn't have to be visible on screen. How hard > would it by to have the app icon spin or bounce while the app is loading? > Or if that is too flashy and distracting how about having a small icon such I think so. It becomes really disturbing after starting a few hundred times an application. Some people just want to use their computer and to these people such a behaviour would look as strange as the Start-button on the washing-machine jumping up and down after pressing it. > as an hourglass appear on the app icon to indicate that it's doing > something? That item could vanish or could be hidden depending on the settings. You couldn't have an Autohide-panel e.g. without loosing control over the startup-indicator. One could argue now that one could force an extra icon with a busy-cursor shown on this desktop - but this would only provide an additional item on the desktop the user has to take care of. And I don't really see the advantage of this compared to the common busy-cursor-solution which all other GUIs share. Greetings, Tackat > Steve > > > Totalise - the Users ISP > ---------------------- > To become a member and a shareholder > visit http://www.totalise.net > ----------------------- > The Totalise Email system, probably the most flexible email system in the > world. To register for an account goto http://www.totalise.net