Hi interested parties :) I have a few goodies I'd like to notice people of, such as my new Quartz kwin client for kwin. Take a peek at http://gallium.n3.net/ (which desperately needs updating, I know :) This missed KDE 2.1.1, but will be in KDE 2.2 with any luck, and is in the cvs HEAD branch. It will become much more configurable in future, such as replacing the block transition with gears (via a user option), and other nifty configurable features. I have already taken some small steps into making kwin clients (or decorations) customisable and user friendly, such as adding toolwindow support into quartz and win2k clients (with more on the way of being converted), and am looking into adding customisable options for kwin clients like window button tooltips, gradient types, titlebar/window border sizes (for accessibility purposes), button positions, etc etc. We need input into what's most needed/requested and in which clients :) In future, if time permits, I will try to create a scriptable kwin client in the light of sawfish/enlightenment/icewm etc. storing scripts in a compressed XML format. (Yes, kde.themes.org rejoice. At least we're talking about one now :) A bit like the current kwmclient, but not as cumbersome or KDE1 oriented - much more flexible and powerful. All available window settings will possibly be configurable via a kcontrol module, which dynamically updates itself, depending on which kwin client you are using (thanks dcop signals!). In future, it would be nice to amalgamate the look'n'feel->style, look'n'feel->colour, look-n-feel->themes and look'n'feel->window-borders control centre modules into something much more integrated and user friendly. We need some ideas and some ui design from willing people! This could wrap into a theme-ball or something of that sort, to customise all settings into one, a bit like the current theme stuff, but more powerful. :) People seeking kwin clients should post some modern and fresh new screenshots on a website, to give coders some ideas, as this has been the hardest part - hence the lack of originality in some. :) Please be patient and give constructive input until a scriptable kwin client is released, with a designer (possibly). I would like to see a thread started to discuss these issues, and to generate more original ideas/requests. Let's note that the user always wins! Lets make kwin the best window manager ever. Any constructive ideas and comments are welcome and appreciated. Cheers and many thanks, Karol (gallium)