List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Icon Usability
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-22 19:21:51

#if Ian Fung
> Would you be testing the efficiency of the icons as well?
> From that I mean the time it takes for users to identify the icon
> (regardless of whether it is a positive match or not)

Yes, very important. Suggestion:

Have a 'control' lineedit so that you can see how long it takes the user
to enter e.g. their own name. See how long they spend on each icon. Use
your 'control' sample to weight their times for the icons. This way you
get a fairly decent idea of how long it takes them to identify our
icons on average, and you can also see the differences between icons.

Rik