Dave Leigh wrote: > > On Tuesday 13 March 2001 09:40, Sean Pecor wrote: > > Another issue for me personally is that MDI is a pain in the arse, because > > when (not if) an application crashes it takes all open documents with it. I > > truly hate that. Granted, it doesn't happen often, but when it does I want > > the damage to be localized not broad. Konqueror suffers from this sort of > > behavior, in that when it crashes it takes down many other Konq windows > > which is a real blow to my productivity. > > This, of course, is the single best argument against MDI. I'm not really ofay with the internal workings of X applications, but surely this is nothing to do with MDI/SDI per se? This is more to do with single instance versus multiple instance -- if you have an application than runs as a single instance, and it puts up twenty windows, all twenty will die if the application process dies too. -- Steven D'Aprano