On Tuesday 13 March 2001 11:19, Marc Mutz wrote: > I do like the konsole tabs, too.=20 Please permit me to throw my opinion into the mix on this issue, and I=20 apologize if I echo other messages of late! I think an intelligent SDI is the best solution, for the very compelling=20 argument that this enables the SDI to be improved through upgrades to the= KDE=20 base and not through separate upgrades to all KDE applications. We have=20 already seen the result of disparate MDIs that do not share a common=20 interface. If we can build a taskbar that supports grouping (via tabs or another=20 metaphor) then this is one step towards a truly intelligent SDI. With my=20 recent experiments with Kicker config, I'd say one great solution would b= e to=20 add a taskbar applet option that allowed one to SHOW ONLY RELATED APPS. O= ne=20 could then add a secondary kicker panel and add a taskbar applet to it wi= th=20 this option enabled. Therefore, when a kwrite window has the focus, only=20 kwrite buttons appear in this secondary task bar. The same for konqueror,= =20 netscape, kedit, konsole and so on. Of course, all windows show up in the= =20 main taskbar. I believe this would be an incredibly productivity boost fo= r me. Another issue for me personally is that MDI is a pain in the arse, becaus= e=20 when (not if) an application crashes it takes all open documents with it.= I=20 truly hate that. Granted, it doesn't happen often, but when it does I wan= t=20 the damage to be localized not broad. Konqueror suffers from this sort of= =20 behavior, in that when it crashes it takes down many other Konq windows=20 which is a real blow to my productivity. Sean.