List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Who needs this? draggable K-Menue
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2001-03-12 14:44:21

Rolf Magnus wrote:

> On Sunday, 11. March 2001 18:41, Sergej Malinovski wrote:
> I have this feature in gimp and in nedit for example, and I am using it.
> Perhaps not often, but sometimes. You can select entries from a menu faster
> if the menu is already open, especially if it's a submenu. E.g. in gimp, I
> always open the zoom menu (as submenu of view) with entries for 16:1, 8:1,
> 4:1,... and so on. Simply click on an entry, and I have the zoom level I
> want, without navigating through menus and submenus.
> It's a good feature when you have to use menu entries from the same menu
> often, because you don't have to reopen the menu every time.

But if would be more cool if you were able to plug that menu as toolbar.
The floating style is somehow annoying, you don't have your toolbars
floating too, do you? In my eyes toolbars are kind of mouse shortcut for
menus. So a stripped menu is a shortcut too, just the whole menu at
once. Only dynamically produced. Should be treated like toolbar then.
That would only need a little button in the handler for removing.

This of course would need icons for almost every menu item as a pure
text toolbar doesn't look very nice I think. But that is only step 2.

Will that old dream of mine really become true...

Friedrich

PS: Yes, problem is to whom belongs a kwrite submenu to? To the active
kwrite window? To the one it was stripped of? In Gimp it goes to the
active one. Referring to the SDI/MDI problem... no idea...