List:       kde-look
Subject:    kde-look@kde.orgRe: Icon improvements.
From:       Sergej Malinovski <sergej () nospam ! dk>
Date:       2001-03-09 19:04:07

Rolf Magnus wrote:
> Why don't you do it the other way round?
> Copy "kde-look@kde.org, paste it to the destination (before the old
> content) and then press ctrl-K to delete the old content.

Because it's hard to place to text cursor right before the orginal text where
I am supposed to paste the text. If it is already empty, I can just click
anywhere in the entry widget and start typing or pasting.

The problem is more fundamental and my example was one of many (different)
situations where it is shows. See my other mail.

I do know about Ctrl+K, but again, it's not a solution. When I copied the
email address and switched windows, my hand is on the mouse. To use that key
combination I have to use two hands, so I have move my hand -- something I
wouldn't otherwise, because I would just select the old address and paste &
overwrite with the new address with either mouse (from context menu) or with
my other hand ready to execute Ctrl+V.

--
Sergej Malinovski [http://dreamer.nitro.dk]