List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Drag and drop indicator
From:       "Wilco Greven" <j.w.greven () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2001-03-08 22:50:45

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 11:27:08PM +0100, Sergej Malinovski wrote:
> On Thursday  8. March 2001 23:03, Wilco Greven wrote:
> > Nothing has to be changed for your example. The folder you drag the message
> > to already gives feedback by drawing the focus rectangle. Although the
> > focus rectangle should then be drawn in a more striking colour.
>
> Sorry, I was a little unclear. What will happen when I drag something across
> the white space where currently we get a no-go sign?

Ok, then the mouse pointer should be unchanged. So you'll typically see the
following: When you start the drag, the pointer changes to indicate that you
started a drag. During the drag this pointer won't change. ONLY the widgets
which accept the drag will change when you move over it (i.e. by drawing a
clearly visible focus rectangle). Widgets which don't accept the drag should
NOT change.

Wilco