List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Font settings for file manager and desktop icons
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2001-03-06 22:33:39

Hi!

> I again want to recommend the idea of having a small search-box with
> auto-completion at the top of the left control center column.  Even if

Are you kidding? Or do you want to have the search field drawn out and
stay
visible all the time?

> someone knows where to look, it's still too many clicks IMHO to find
> something; but knowing where it goes is not at all obvious.  Logic is
> all based on experience, and people have different experiences, so where
> a setting logically goes will vary from person to person.

Agreed.

> OTOH if you had a short search box and you typed, e.g., "font", then the
> area beneath can have links to everything having to do with fonts and a
> short description of what can be configured.  All that needs to be added
> to each module is a set of "keywords".

? Isn't this the way it is done by now? I'm still left to KDE 2.0.0 but
I don't expect that redesign of the controlcenter having changed a
lot... What do you mean by "short description of what can be
configured"?

Friedrich