List:       kde-look
Subject:    lowering the tab widget...
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2001-03-06 17:17:49

Hi!

I once again had some time better to spend ... and so I attacked
something that is a visual weakness in my eyes: the tab widget.

I don't like it that it is the only raised, non button-like widget
element. All other elements that have a border have one that makes them
look like they are on the same level as the surrounding. But the tab
widget thinks it it something better, or what? ;)

Have a look at a html widget, for example. They even look as if they are
lowered.

In the attached dia show you can view my proposal. I must admit that I
doesn't look that much better, but a least a bit in my eyes.

It would cost around 4 bits in height and 4 in width, as the border of a
tab widget is bigger than a normal border. I guess this is to help the
eye/brain to identify the tab widget as a whole, differing from other
simple bordered elements.

Would you like to have this as standard in KDE? Shouldn't be to
complicate to add it to the widget drawing, it is simply a border.

Friedrich

PS: Not agreeing? Have a look at the KFind app: Does it really look
okay?
["flate.gif" (image/gif)]