List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Reply
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>(by way of Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! c
Date:       2001-02-15 19:39:02

Sorry about the last email.

>    I concurr, I have 21" Viewsonic and text written for browsers @ 500x=
600
> just look like ants to me. I like it configurable myself. Not just beca=
use
> Windoze did it first. I need it. Boy my typing leaves a lot to be desir=
ed.

I agree too. I've got a 19" Viewsonic (the ultra-black E790B) and I prefe=
the Normal kicker size. Recently, I've also added a "Tiny" child panel ju=
st
above my "Normal" panel. The Tiny panel contains one row of 16x16 pixel i=
cons
that act as shortcuts to 8 applications I use very frequently. I also mov=
ed
the KDE Menu, Desktop Access and Home Directory icons into this Tiny Pane=
l.
This layout gives me way more room for my task bar on the Normal Panel, w=
hich
also contains the Kmix applet (all but the master volume control slider
disabled), the System Tray and the Clock. This layout is very slick. Very=
!

I put the News Ticker into my Tiny Panel for about 3 hours. It worked rea=
fine (what a great concept), but I've got A.D.D. and it was WAY too
distracting. I'd use it if I could disable the scrolly and just use the
news drop-up.

Sean.

--
# Digital Spinner / President.