List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Reply
From:       "Darryl" <milenium () ihug ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-02-15 10:34:21

I don't get why when refering to KDE/GNOME most people speak as if you can't
use any of the KDE/GNOME apps etc unless KDE/GNOME itself is running. I too
am not impressed with huge ass bars, buttons etc, but i also like to have as
many things as accessible as possible in the smallest amount of work space.
A taskbar shrunkern to its smallest is bugger all room for the amount of
tasks tha can be grouped together, even smaller if you could collectively
group some running tasks together in to a task itself so clicking on the
task in the task bar opens a menu to the other tasks you have running that
belong to that group, maybe the way it works out what to group together
could come from say the menu group it came from, for eg sake System or
Interenet. I think all of whats out there is only as good as you yourself
want to make it.

Darryl