List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: KDE - The joke's gone on for far too long.
From:       "Paul Fredlein" <P.Fredlein () uq ! net ! au>
Date:       2001-02-13 11:45:19

Hi Sean,

>The larger picture also include an SDK and API that
>isn't completely foreign to the Windows developer. Also, existing Windows
>code for GOOD applications becomes impossible to port the further you get
>away from established application models.

Have a look at the Windows API, MacOS API, and the BeOS API they're all
different but all have the same basic structure. In fact, the Win API and
MacOS API share functions with the same name but some argument differ or are
passed in a different order. (The Mac does not need a HDC, the arguments in
PtInRect are the same but in a different order.) All the windows be it Mac,
Win, BeOS or KDE must have basically the same controls - scroll bars, max
and min buttons etc.

But the Mac desktop is far superior to the Windows desktop.

All I'm saying is that KDE must be innovative to set itself apart from GNOME
and the rest, this is not the case at the moment. The KDE Desktop, like the
GNOME Desktop suck.

Regards,

Paul